Two customers that just ignore my calls and invoices, how can I get paid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two customers that still owe me from last year. I rarely have this kind of stuff happen, and these were both steady customers I serviced for over a year on one and 2+ years on the other. One owes only 55$ the other owes 105$. It isn't alot of money but it burns me up with rage and anger thinking about how these people are just refusing to pay the dam bill.

Both understand and agree that they owe me the money and both have said they have attempted to pay - one swears he sent a check weeks ago and swears he resent another check last week after I called him and left a message on his voicemail about how crappy a so called believer in Christ and such a upstanding person can think it is okay to not pay a debt that is now over 7 months old. The other promissed cash in a envelope under her doormat which was not there and she has not returned any calls or responded to my invoices since.

I have to drive by the one who said she would leave me money under her mat each week. Big house in a expensive golf course community ( Providence Country Club in south Charlotte ) I can't stand it, evil thoughts race through my mind on all the ways to get my 105$ worth of satisfaction :nono:

Anyway, is there a collection agency that is easy to deal with? A way to recover some of my money even for such a small amount. Truthfully I am not even really worried about the money, it is the fact that these people are basically screwing me over.

2. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Send them to a collection agency. For a hundred and fifty bucks, dont let them rent anymore space in your head.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Send the Ninjas wit Round-Up ice cubes!!!payuppayup

4. HighlandLC

HighlandLC LawnSite Member
    from CT

The new fix all to our problems.

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher LawnSite Member

Send both a certified letter stating that you will be turning the invoices over to a collection agency in 15 days. They will likely respond then as a collection will show on their credit report. Don't be nasty or cute, just business. Then if they don't pay, give the invoices to a local collection agency.

6. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

7. wimpy

wimpy LawnSite Member

2 years is way too long to be dragging out. Don't waste your time with threatning letters, just send them to any collection agency or olddebts.com and opt for the "instant collect" package which is basically 1 letter saying if you don't pay up, your credit will be shot. Charge them the amount it costs you just to use the collection agency, and also charge them 2 years worth of interest, tack it on to the total due. I HATE deadbeat, lying, deceitful mother fluffers with a passion. I have no respect or sympathy for these people who don't honor a debt. Destroy their credit rating and be done with it and if they come back to you years down the line asking you to remove the bad credit rating, just ignore them like they did to you.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Didn't I first come up with the Round-Up ice cubes because they will melt away and not leave a trace like a water balloon?

9. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

to me you have 3 options.
    1. turn it over to a collection agency. (and lose a good percantage to them for trying to collect the debt)
    2. Go to small claims court ( and lose even more money by taking the day off to go to court then you will get back from the customer)
    3. Drop them Imediately !
    i suspend service to ANY account once they fall 2 weeks behind in payment. i don't work for free. i've only had to suspend service one time in 3 years so far, and they paid the following week and have been on time since then. so i guess i've been pretty lucky so far

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So is this an easy process? And I assume the more difficult it gets for them to get the money the more it cost? And what is the cost if they don't collect?