two cycle oil mixes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skinnyd, Apr 27, 2003.

1. skinnyd

skinnyd LawnSite Member
    from mass

Just wondering what you guys are running for oil in you 2cycle eguipment. I used to have three diferent cans (32:1, 40:1 and 50:1) for my equipment.
    I recently changed to a multiratio oil you can run in any 2 cycle engine. The equipment still smokes and oozes oil out of the muffler but at least I only have one can now.

Just wondering what the rest of you guys are using.

2. I run all 50:1 in everything with Stihl oil , alot of ppl rave about amsoil so i`m gonna try some of that. thats pretty much it

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i run 50:1 mix for all my 2 cycle stuff too. never had a problem

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I run Pro-Mix multi ratio in all my 2 cycle and 93 octane.

5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Try opti-2, it never smokes in my 50:1 ratio

6. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I vote Opti-2 as well. It's a universal mix burns super clean and also contains a fuel stabilizer.

7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i also use opti 2 in all my 2 stroker stuff including my lawnboy.

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I used to have AMSOIL when I was an lco, but the old super recommended to me the Lucas oil 50:1 ratio to all of the two cycle equipment at the course(3 trimmers, gas hedge trimmer, chainsaw, 2 backpack blowers). He said he has used Lucas since the course has bought him all new two cycle equipment and he's sworn by it since. It does not smoke at all, and seems like it adds more power just like AMSOIL did.

9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Amsoil 100:1 here. It seems to boost performance and carbon build-up in the ports as near zero. I was running Husqvarna 50:1 before switching to Amsoil and had to de-carbon ports at least once a year. :) ED

10. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Currently I run 25:1 in my Robin trimmer from either Husq or Kawasaki oil. 5:1 in everything else.

Just purchased a large gallon of Tanaka oil. Will use that till its gone.

S.