Two Cycle Oil

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mwyatt11, Nov 8, 2010.

1. mwyatt11

mwyatt11 LawnSite Member

What 2 cycle is everyone using? I have seen a huge price increase in 2 cycle oil. Is it better to buy a 5 gal bucket?

What about Opti-2 Two Cycle?

2. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Opti-2 for several years and works well. They say the Amsoil Saber is good but I never tired it.I run Stihl in my chain saw.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Opti is all I use.

Do a search, there has been a number of 2-cycle threads with great arguments, errr, I mean info.. :laugh:

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Stihl 2-cycle oil in all my 2-cycle equipment.

6. nolanjim

nolanjim LawnSite Member

I use synthetic conventional and mix it with additives never has given me any problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Amsoil Sabre for me.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just what does this mean? Synthetic conventional? It can be synthetic, blended or conventional. If it's synthetic and coventional then it's a blend.

9. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what i want to know, it sounds like hes making chili a little of this a little of that maybe its a secret recipe

10. NJlandscaper908

NJlandscaper908 LawnSite Member

Echo pro blend or the redmax 2 cycle oil... I've always used these and never had problems. A friend of mine tried opti-2 for a few years and had nothing but problems with the redmax 8000's, he had to re-build them, get new carbs it was crazy. I've only used the echo or redmax oil and never had problems. Of course maybe his guys wern't mixing it properly who knows haha