two in one

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cutbetterthanyou, Dec 18, 2007.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone thought of or seen a truck built like a two for one package, a dump and a mower truck. I was thinking of making a ramp setup that would some how be able to put on both of my dump trucks, but easy to take off. I like the idea of the trucks that carry the mowers on the back, but don't want a dedicated truck for this. It would be nice to have a mower truck, but in like 5 mins have a dump truck. And i could switch that attachment between the two trucks in case one was broke down.

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Find my thread...dodge dovetail or something like that and check out my ramp system. It is very easily removable and simple to make.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yes its out there i will get the link for you soon.

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Can you provide the link to the thread ??

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

just do a search its easy. dont be lazy

6. cutbetterthanyou

How does that 72 work out as far as the deck hanging up? Looks kind of steep. I don't what to weld the actual dove tail part to the dumptruck it has to be able to be revoved too, not just the gate but thanks

7. cutbetterthanyou

If you search "can i get a thumbs up" from ls member "grass cake" ,I am looking for what he built on back of his truck. But i want to be able to take it off quickly.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

switch n go

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A switch and go system or a hooklift system would work good. The switch and go might be cheaper plus the fact it acts more like a dump truck over a hooklift.