Two Local Dealers Drop Shindiwa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I went to my local Exmark dealer today i was thinking about buying a Shindaiwa eb630 BP. When i got there and ask to see one Jeff the owner of a very large dealership told me he is no longer selling shindaiwa equipment i said your kidding he said Mark ive replaced them with Echo and John Deere. Told me he just could not move them fast enough. Left there and went to R&D Tool another shindaiwa dealer and he was sold out i ask him whats the price on the shindaiwa eb630 then he says, I no longer are going to sell them im going with Echo and Stihl he also told me he could not move them fast enough and got a very-good offer on the Echo and Stihl which sells very good in southern Ind. So i guess if i want one ill try to purchase online. This sure was a strange morning for me. Marks Mowing Service

2. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at one today and it is an awsome blower. My dealer is asking $469 plus N.C. sales tax. I'm sure he would take a credit card # and ship it to you his number is 252-321-3900.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Thinks AVRECON that is a good price i think the average price for the 630 is around 550 dollars. I believe i could find one alittle closer where shipping would be less. Marks Mowing Service

4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

The way I found this forum is I was looking for the shin eb 630. Somehoe I got to lawnsite, and glad I did. Anyway I had seen where a couple of the members here posted that alamia.com site and spoke of how cheap the blower there was. It was an old post from the end of last year. So I went to the site and could not find any shindaiwa products. I then called the 1 800 number and spoke to a guy that told me they no longer carry the shin line however they had the redmax which is the same thing. They have the redmax eb7000 for $475. That is delievered and no tax. When I make the order it will be 475 and that is it. They have a national warrenty on the blower meaning I can take the blower to the dealer of redmax here that sells the same unitfor 539.99 plus 8.25% sales tax and get it serviced. That is a pretty good savings. You may want to look into that option.
    Regards
    Louis in Louisiana

5. BIG D

BIG D LawnSite Member

If you find someone that will send you out a shindaiwa its very rare. I took all my shindaiwa off the net when shindaiwa started cancelling dealers for selling online or through the mail. Good luck in finding one as the dealer risks loosing the shindaiwa line. I think I read the same post as the cajun cutter and told whoever it was that alamia wasnt gonna have them as I new the situation. He had called them and he wrote a post telling me I was wrong and I was some moron. He was just out of stock. Just as you landscapers have your gossip we have ours!!!! The Red Max is a heck of a blower and is a screamer, but did he really say it was the same thing as a Shindaiwa? Its not but are comparible in power.

6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Yes Big D they told me they were the same machine. If I am not mistaken I swear I read a thread in here some where on how they were indeed the same. Shin and red have the same engine. I may be wrong. I never assume I know everythin for it tends to get one in trouble or a stink.
    I do hear thought that the redmax is a screamer and I figured it would be a whole lot less in cost to just get it on line.

7. steve

steve LawnSite Member

RedMax allowed Shindaiwa to use they're engine if RedMax could use they're Power Broom attachment.

8. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Within the last few years 2 shindaiwa dealers had quit selling them, not because of not being able to move them, but because a lawn care business in the area decided to go into retail and carry Dixie Choppers, Shindaiwa and Toro. The main reason this guy decided to sell is to get a great price on equipment that he uses for his lawn care business. This guy bought dozens of shindaiwa's, and in return, the shindaiwia rep in our area quit selling to the other 2 business's.
    The bad thing about this deal is the lawn care provider/dealer has no service what so ever. It's like buying something at home depot or Wal-mart. You can buy it there but it has to get serviced somewhere else, which sucks. As for you Mark, I'm right across the bridge, and you can get a shindaiwa here, but good luck finding someone to work on it

9. BIG D

BIG D LawnSite Member

Yes, it has the same engine, but the design around it is different. Its like a yard man mower with a Honda engine is not the same as a Regular Honda. Bad comparison but you get the point. The two blowers have the same engine but are different in body parts. If they change tube sizes or any part of the air flow it will be different. I really dont know if they have done that it looks different thats what I was going by. Maybe Husqvarna and Kawasaki would have been a better comparison. I think Shindaiwa got the better deal. They will sell a lot more blowers that powerbrooms.

10. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

>but good luck finding someone to work on it

That's what one of the biggest Stihl and Husky dealers mechanics in Charlotte told me yesterday. I was telling him that the theives passed on my T27 and he said he wouldn't have a Shin. I asked him why and he said they're good but you can't find a servicing dealer around there anymore. That's sad because I've had my T27 for about 8 years and I think it still has the same spark plug in it. I've replaced the tank and one air filter. That's it.