Two Man Crew

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, May 7, 2000.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

Usually one of us weedeats and the other mows. I'm planning on buying another mower so we can both mow and weedeat. Would this be faster? Also is it faster to weedeat then mow or vise versa? If you have a two man crew how do you do it? Thanks

2. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I run two men and two mowers. on bigger yards both mow, then both trimm then one person laods up the truck while the other blows. On smallers yards one person mows and the other trimms and blows. works pretty good

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

TRIM, MOW, BLOW

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

mow,trim,blow if you mow first then there is usually less to trim because you get more with the mower. Also if you trim first sometimes you have to trimm agian after mowing if there's a couple spot u missed w/ the mower.

5. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

How could you go wrong?With two mowers you'll be finished with your work,and be able to take a day off at the end of the week!even get extra acct.s to pay that mower payment.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Me and my partner have it down to a science.Becouse we work so much togeather we all ready know who is doing what and when.We also allways cut,trim then blow.<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care

7. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

mow edge trim blow. A guy that knows how to run a trimmer is invaluable.

8. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Mow, trim, edge, blow. On the bigger lawns two guys mow one front and left side the other right side and back. Who ever is done first edges the other trims around anything by a walk pavement or patio first then around trees. This way after the edgings done that man can blow off. (no waiting time) While the other guys still trimming.<br>Two mowers is a good idea (helps if one breaks and if it rains alot.<br>Good luck!!! :eek:)<br>And do what works for you!!!<br>Travis <br>AG&G Lawn Maintenance :eek:)<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: AGG Lawn Maintenance

9. MRPLOW

MRPLOW LawnSite Member

Here's how we do it. One man starts the mowing doing the front yard first, very key. I edge first then trim and then start blowing, usually finishing the blowing while the other finish's mowing the back yard. We usually finish around the same time. On a very big yard after I finish blowing I will take the other mower out and help finish the back yard, but this is very rare and only happens during non long growth periods, when the blowing doesn't take very long. This also depends on what your primary mower is and whether or not you bag. If your using a 36 belt you may have a need for 2 mowers, but if you are using a 48 or bigger ztr or walkbehind with velke, there will be very few yards that take longer to mow than edge, trim and blow. We use a 52 stander also have 48 scag as the second mower and for 4 foot gates, only gets about an hour of use per week.

10. Stoner

Stoner LawnSite Member
    from MA

Hey Gus, truer words were never spoken. Either you know how to weedwack our it's gonna take a long time to learn.