Two Men Crews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JD GROUND SERVICE LLC, Feb 3, 2006.

1. JD GROUND SERVICE LLC

JD GROUND SERVICE LLC LawnSite Member

How many of you guys run 2 men crews and on a average residential yard 7500-10000 sq, how many is expected in a 8 hr day to get cut.

2. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I run 2 man crews on residentals. As far as how many in a 8 hr. day, it depends on lots of things, like how far apart are they, how far from the shop is the first and last one. My customer coverage area is pretty big so I usually schedule 8 to 12 yards a day for a crew. We have done as many as 16 in a day.

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

our routes include some commercial as well its reallly hard to say. just like txlawnboy said

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

As previously mentioned, it really depends on the size of the properties. With a helper and a tight route I've been able to knock out as many as 16 in a day. My best day running solo was 14, but by the end of the day I didn't know if I was comming or going.

5. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

i run 2 man crew, id say we do about 15-19, and that is bagging grass at 90%of them.

6. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

considering 10,000 sq. is only 100x100, and too small for us if that is your max average, if you can't knock off 25 a day your whistling dixie.

7. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been solo for 7 yrs now and I have been mowing between 13 and 15 a day by myself. This year I am hiring someone to work with me and it just wont be worth it if I cant get at least 20 a day done.

Jason

8. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i run a 2 man crw and i got a 48" 19hp scag rider, we do about 22 a day give or take a few. its best 2 men i believe (of course with smaller sites) when ur at a job for 15-20 mins its best 2 men i think and thats wat a lota peep say around here. 3rd man takes profit

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

With the right equipment you should be able to do at least 20 lawns per days.

10. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

due to different sizes of lawns, maybe a better question would be how much do your 2 man crews gross in an 8 hr day? I run 2-2man crews and they make around $500 to $600 in 8 hrs. Alot of the time they are out 9-10 hrs and then they do around $600 to $750. Thats what we do. Some make more some make less.....