Two Months later she finally arived

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Stick Pro, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

The wait was well worth it, i picked up our 289C on thursday. I love this machine it has plenty of power, it is one smooth machine, cab is great very comfortable. I snaped some pics of her for you guys.

CIMG4165.jpg

CIMG4166.jpg

CIMG4167.jpg

CIMG4168.jpg

CIMG4170.jpg

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

What did you have before, I cant remember?

Is the work pretty steady out there? Arent you digging pools?

3. Stick Pro

We have a 287b that is what the 89 is replaceing, we are going to keep the 287b as a backup machine, pluss cat would not give me much for a trade in. We are digging around one to two pools a week here, the market is dead in the swimming pool business, been working at alot of goverment jobs, and quite a few building pads. For january we are swamped, guess i can not complain.

4. Junior M

work is work!

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What's up with the cutting edges on the sides of the bucket?

6. Stick Pro

Alot of the guys around here that just do swimming pools are hurtung bad. It is a good thing that we have wour hands in a littel bit of everything. The demolition and building pads are going crazy right now. Not very many companys do bolth of them so they come to the one stop shop.

7. Junior M

Makes perfect sense to have one company tear down a building and do the pad for the next building than have to deal with 2 contractors..

8. Stick Pro

The cutting edges are off our grader. We use them to trim the walls of the swimming pools. The edges are not sharp enough on the bucket to trim in the hardpan around here, so we weld grader edges on the sides. It works great.

9. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Nice! Take plenty of pics. There's not enough Cat people on this forum. :p

10. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

That must have been a long two months. I love the cabs of those c series. Congrats on the new machine.