Two more accounts today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC., Apr 16, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Got the local Tire Factory, both stores in town. 1 hour tops combined, 10 minute drive from one store to the other. $70. Got a 1.5 acre residential, minimal trimming and blowing, 1 hour tops, maybe an hour and a half the first couple times mowing it to get it done well and find the way I want to mow it, $60. Slowly but surely I am getting accounts, I am up to 7 now. I just need about 40 or so more and I will be set! I doubt I get 50 this year but that is my goal, hopefully I will get it by this time next year.

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Good to see you have a set goal, something to strive for. Good luck and congrats

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey I got 3 accounts today to! about 45min for one and 1 hr each for the others. Got a good price two!payup payup

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you, hope they keep coming in

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. One of these Tire Factory properties will probably take an hour with all the trimming to do around a fence but the other property is 30 minutes tops. $70 for 90 minutes is not bad starting out I guess. I just wish I had thought about the trimming around this huge fence and posts more clearly. I guess I learned something today. I probably should have bid $100 with all the extra trimming at one of the properties, the other property is a piece of cake actually. I was just a little gung-ho about getting a commercial account and just another account for that matter.

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got 11 residential accounts so far, need 33 to make this season worth doing, would like 40 so I don't have to worry so much this winter.

I'm a little nervous about picking up enough accounts, but the only thing to do is cross my fingers, keep mowing and putting the flyers out.