two new resturaunts.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 21, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

two new resturaunts open up in your town. both claim to specialize in the same type of food. this is hypothetical, so, it's whatever your favorite food is. let's say it's italian. ok, both are new resturaunts. we will call them resturaunt #1, and #2. now, you have no friends or relatives that have visited either location, but, you have been hearing alot "through the grape vine" about resturaunt #1. you're at the mall, you hear people talking about how great it is. you read in the paper how the service, portions, atmosphere, and quality of food was great. you heard a "friend of a friend, of a friend " say they were there, at resturaunt #1, and it was great. you have never seen resturaunt #2, but you HAVE DRIVEN by resturaunt #1, and the appearence is stunning. now, you have heard NOTHING about resturaunt #2. it's friday night, your kids are with a sitter, you are going out on a date with your chic, wife, gay lover, whatever. which resturaunt are you more likely to patronize, #1, or #2?

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

#3?

Bobby, what in God's name are you getting on about?

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

give an honest answer, i'm trying to make a point to a "friend" who is very dense. #1, or #2?

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

is it a friday night or tuesday night? i can make a point also. I know you're not referring to me above, but i know were you're going with this.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

adam, it's a simple question

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

1 if i'm with my chick, 2 if i'm with my secret gay lover. ;) haha just kidding.

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

then #2....

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

why would u choose #2?

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Here's the word for tonight: UNSOLICITED.

Well of course restuarant #1. However, are you sure this is a fair comparison? Neither of your examples was TAINTED by the restaurant itself. Those compliments, or referrals shall we say, came UNSOLICITED. However, if restaurant #1 approached me on the street and said, "look at some written referrals from some of our customers...." I would think they looked pretty desperate like they probably coerced their customers into "throwing them a bone", meaning writing them a compliment....
    Two different scenerios, they do not equally compare..... try again.

On edit: stick to cutting grass, cause you don't have what it takes to make a fair comparison.....

CamLand likes this.
  10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It seems obvious to me... but the wait will probably be too long for me to tolerate... so I'm going to #2