two of many jobs this year + equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sodgod, Nov 30, 2004.

1. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Heres some of my work this summer and fall. Please let me know whta you guys think. I am 17 but i have passion for landscaping. enjoy

equipment.jpg

wall1 re.jpg

wall3 re.jpg

wall re.jpg

sidewalk.jpg

2. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

Thats AWSOME WORK!!! KEEP IT UP! I'm 18! Nice to see someone my age that does quality work, and has quality equipment. Everyone discredits us because of our age! How deep did you go with that wall and sidewalk?

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is some nice work:)

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ahh.... the good 'ol hard back breaking work. I used to do a ton of hardscape, pavers and decorative masonry back when I was your age.

5. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

With the wall i went a good 18"...it was sandy soil and a 3' wall...theres a lot to support. The sidewalk i went about 8" a good 6" of crusher run and only about 1-2" of dust for leveling. I know what you mean...we do deserve some credit!!! Where did everyone else start out?

6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont know alot about hardscapes but it looks real good to me. i see walls that size around here and see no drainage like you have . Keep up the good work.

7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the blocks that you made the wall out of from Lowes or Home Depot? How many rows of block did you bury?

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Great point Chef ! Thats one of the main reasons for wall failure or unevenness after a yr or two. Nice work.

Mac

9. Looks good. Do you still have edging for sale? PM me.

10. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

I buried at least one row of block and yes the blocks are similar to the ones at hoome depot and lowes. The customer was going to do the job himself but ran out of time. He had already bought the blocks. Trust me i would've gone with different block for strength. But these ones are rated up to 3' which is what the wall is.