1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Two part Question: Price per sq ft and gov. Grants?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SMCLawn-Applicators, Apr 19, 2006.

1. SMCLawn-Applicators

SMCLawn-Applicators LawnSite Member

help me out a sec guys, I'm starting up an applicators lawn care service. I am missing a major part of info. I am hoping some one here would be kind enough to share how much per sq foot the going rate is. I was think it was $2 or 3 bucks per sq ft. I always use to just estimating per neighborhood.

second part: how many of you guys ever tried for a gov. grant? what are the odds? Would i better off buying a lotto ticket? " Grins "

2. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

$2 a sq. foot? if you have 1 customer that's all you'll need for the year. Figure a small city lot is 6000 to 8000 sq. feet. Try around $.004 per SF depending on your area.
  3. SMCLawn-Applicators

SMCLawn-Applicators LawnSite Member

I know it sounded quirky pertaining to pricing, but i kinda knew it was close to that it may have been me thinking $ 2 or 3 bucks per sq yard.
    Thank you!
  4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

By "Applicators lawn care service" do you mean fertilizing?:waving: