Two threads in one!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Oct 11, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

First: EVERY lawn company I see, there logos always say Licensed and Insured. what are all these guys claiming to be licensed in? Is there one main thing or are they just putting that because there licensed in one category like spraying??? dont have a license for cutting grass.....

Second: Do bagging systems for riders have motors in them to actually make the leaves flow? I have a homeowner ZTR with a bent deck and I wanted to try and make it a winter machine. I was thinking of making my own catching system with a garbage can on back and using flexible dryer like tube from the deck.

2. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

First - I have a license in Florida for the traditional mow, edge, blow etc. then a seperate "landscaping" license.

3. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

licensed as in fert and pesticide licensed. There's no such thing as a license to cut grass. I however do have a license to get funky. Got it at target. It was on sale.

it'll clog a lot unless you have a motor or a pulley running off a spindle to make them flow.

4. SwihartServices

Are you serious there is really a license for mowing. sorry i posted then saw yours jban.

5. jbannick18

:p np. The license says "lawn care"

6. SwihartServices

What kind of fee is associated with such a license?

7. stevenf

Where do you get these license?

You think a 10-12" pipe would get clogged with mulched leaves?

8. jbannick18

30 dollars a piece, I had to go downtown to get mine, i can't recall what the place was called though.

9. stevenf

What are required for these license? Test? did you have a book to look over first? Classes to take for each?

Also, opinions on the Mulch kit...

10. jbannick18

Nope no test just your driver's license, social security card, fictitious name. I'm not 100 pct on the ssc but i believe it was needed.