TWO Toro proline (model 22040) two cycle suzuki powered mowers

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by smallstripesnc, Jan 29, 2013.

1. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I have two Toro proline (model 22040) suzuki powered two cycle mowers. They have almost brand new bags, mulch plugs, new kickers installed in deck, and two extra chutes but the current ones are in good condition.

Both mowers start and run great and all three gears on both mowers work. Tires are 50%. One has a crack in the deck. It runs from the bolt that bolts one side of the gas tank down to the end of the deck so its pretty much a straight down line. It has not gotten worse since I got the mowers and could be easily fixed with JB weld.

I'm asking $250 for one with the crack and $350 for one without the crack. If you buy both I'll take $500. If you know anything about these mowers that's a DEAL!

I would prefer to sell locally and not have to ship them. I'm in Charlotte, NC.

2. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns LawnSite Member

I have been looking for 2 of these for a year now. I love the 2 cycle motors. The price is great, my wife and I are actually planning a road trip through north Carolina in about a month. If you still have these I will for sure take them. Or if you consider shipping them. I have one now that we can't get started and need to replace it.
  3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the decks aluminum?
  4. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know if you go through with the trip. I'm pretty sure I'll still have them because everyone wants me to ship them and I really don't want to mess with shipping them.

I'm not sure what the decks are made out of.
  5. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

The decks are aluminum. Someone is going to get a great deal. If I was close they would be mine. We have been running these from day one. We tried the four stroke prolines and they just are not the same. They still sit in the shop while the suzukis our out getting used everyday.
  6. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns LawnSite Member

We had to cancel our trip due to the snow events we had. We are trying to reschedule.
  7. atlwdw1

atlwdw1 LawnSite Member

If the two toro proline mowers are still available let me know.
  8. HB Lawn

HB Lawn LawnSite Member

Are these two mowers still for sale? If so what part of Charlotte are you located in? I have a buddy that lives in Morresville (sp), he might be able to pick them up for me.