Two Wheel vrs. Single Wheel Sulky

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tcalb2, Mar 5, 2007.

1. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to buy a sulky for my lesco belt drive 36 and I was wondering if anyone has any idea which sulky is better. I've used the 2 wheeled models on hydros and I remeber that it some times torn the edges on beds but I just wanna hear some opinions. thanks

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

2 wheeled works better because the wheels are as wide as the walk behind and doesn't leave a weird line as with a single wheel

3. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have always run 2 wheels, but in a pinch last year I had to buy a single wheel and I hate it. You cant turn around without tearing the yard, and backing up is a pain in the neck.
    Andrew

4. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

thanks guys I was thinking the two wheeled model would be better because I'm 210 lbs and it might be alot of weight on a single wheel especially with a 36 belt drive pulling me.

5. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

I believe that the max weight of the velke (1 wheel) is right around your weight. Go for the 2 wheel.

6. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

what brand do you guys think is a qaulity one. I've seen the two wheeled lesco which is like $340. but Wright makes a two wheeled model with a wierd wheel setup. I wasn't sure which one would be better.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Jungle Jim has the 2 wheel for under $300 I think

8. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

At 210 lbs you are just a little guy. :laugh: I'm closer to 260. I have a 2 wheel made by velky, and I like it, just keep them greased up.
    Andrew

9. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

Look Into The Proslide By Novae It Doesnt Leave Any Marks

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Good question ... I've hear good things about the single wheel sulky from Rackem Manufacturing ... check it out, they have a video on their website that you can see, here's the link ... http://www.rackemmfg.com/e-z.shtml