Two ZTR's on a 16 ft where do I put my equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Apr 8, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just looking for ideas on a good set up for hauling my hand blower, gas cans, when I have both mowers on the trailer. I think a tongue box would help but I need some idea's. I've always had a one mower set up and this is new to me. I should pay more attention to how others have trailers set up. I have my mowers balanced the way I want so there will be one up against the front. I don't like a lot of weight on the truck. I need some room on the tongue or side rails for the blower, cans, etc. Show me your set up or lead me to a good trailer parts web site. Tractor supply? any ideas appreciated. If I could see your set up that would help. Might as well do it right the first time. Thanks.

scag 028.jpg

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Well get yourself a nice trimmer rack and a blower rack. Up untill this year we fit a Gravely 34Z, 36" Scag WB and a 48" ZTR plus 2 trimmers and 2 blowers on our 14' trailer. This spring we installed a Trimmer trap and it works great and does not allow our echo trimmers to move around at all. We still put the blowers on the trailer floor.

[​IMG]

When we only take the 2 larger ZTR's they both fit the 14' trailer just perfectly.

[​IMG]

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Tacoma,
    You need to build yourself a spicerack for the front. The lower shelf should be high enough to get the front of your Z under it. A couple of trimmer racks (or one) should suffice, as well. You have gpt a nice trailer there - with a wrapped tongue design. You also have plenty of room right over the tongue close to the trailer for a toolbox or something. I'll try to get some pics of my trailer on here so you can see an idea of how it is outfitted. There are some nice ones on here.....I'm sure some others will chime in, as well. Like I say, that is a nice trailer you have...You did it right.

5. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

Your In The Wrong Forum, This Is For Commercial Landscapers. You Should Be In The, Starting A Biz Section If Your Asking How To Set Up Your Trailor

6. tacoma200

I have trimmer racks from the other trailer. I always carry a 5 gallon gas can, a one gallon 50 mix can, water and sprayer. I keep a push mower and Redmax blower in the bed of the truck only when needed so they are no problem. Just need to figure out where to put the fuel cans and hand blower.

7. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

tacoma, at least you has enough sense to buy an open trailer. I bought an enclosed last year, and as far as MOWING goes, I hate it. Too much time wasted buy going in and out and such. If i were you, i wouldnt worry about trimmer racks, i have found that they are more of a PITA than they are helpful, again, this is just my two cents. I now either keep my handhelds in from of the trailer laying horizontally, or just throw them in the body of the truck, seriously, trimmer racks waste more of my time then they help...

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, for one this is for commercial mowing, not landscaping. And for two, if you didnt notice, he has like 2 thousand posts and has been around a while. I think in another post he said he was just upgrading trailers, and is looking for racks and whatnot.

9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

The new green touch racks are great. Definitely not a PIA and way better then trimmer trap.

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Jeff

10. tacoma200

Well BIG TEX from Massachusetts with only 34 post and joined in March of 2007 thanks for your advice. But this is a Commercial Lawn Mowing forum not a landscaping forum. I'm going from a one ZTR set up to a larger trailer and two ZTR set up. We are all pretty good friends here on Lawnsite and smart remarks are not needed. You have over 1,600 post before you catch up to me so why do you want to pick a fight. I've been a member a long time and your one of the few that has been negative when I ask a question. I don't know it all, that's why I come to this great website often. Hat's off to you in Mass. I posted in the truck and trailer forum also if you want to go there and bash me.