tx425 vs mt52 vs sk350

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Tim C., Sep 24, 2009.

1. Tim C.

Tim C. LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying a used mini skidsteer and have narrowed it done to the three above. I will be using it for landscaping, augering for trees and shrubs, digging out rock etc and also for installing fences. I have a local bobcat dealer and the other two are approximately 60 miles away. Looking for suggestions and any personal experience!

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I would stay with the bobcat since it's close for servicing when needed and go up to the MT55. It has just a little bigger bucket and just a little more power than the 52 which makes a difference.

3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure how wide your yards are up there, but an MT55 won't make it through gates.

I demoed several machines, and was most impressed with the Ditch With sk650. However, I ended up buying a Bobcat MT52 for two reasons:

1. Price
    2. Dealer convenience

We've had the MT52 since April, have about 150-200 hours on it, and have been VERY happy with it so far.

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

The fence size can be a problem. I didn't consider that with the 55.

5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

The toro machines are very expensive when it comes to repairs on the track system. They have a very weak track already, our TX-425 has had several tracks replaced already.

6. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

I had a bobcat mt 52 nice little unit. I basically used it for augering and carrying trees in backyards. I even used a hammer attachment on it. 36'' wide it fit through most gates. But i do a lot of grading work and i found it tough to grade with the mt 52. So i traded it for the bobcat s70 which is a bulletproof machine :weightlifter: