TXirrigation Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by txirrigation, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Did you by chance see any numbers on how much water they project they
    can harvest per year? I would guess most homes average around 140,000 gallons of water used each year.

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

There is a formula that you use concerning the square footage of the roof, historical rain fall and storage size.

Drip spacing depends, I generally use 12" spacing and rainbird tube on resi installs. On commercial I have used up tp 18" spacing NF.

3. txirrigation

from Texas

4. txirrigation

from Texas

Rainwater harvesting... I did NOT do the foundation for the tank. The contractor was at his impervious limit and this was the outcome.

025.jpg

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A pretty nice tank, how big is it? What is your rain situation, we have got 3 nice rains in the last week.

6. txirrigation

from Texas

It is a 3500, the builder brought the tank in. I would have wanted at least 5,000, but 7500 would have been better. The builder also spec'd the pad size, so it was CRAMPED!

We have gotten 6.2" in a week

7. txirrigation

from Texas

Make that 9.5" after last night.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dude, what kind of areas are you working in> those houses look like only for the very rich!!.

i just designed a system using mp rotators and you mentioned the not quite 30 ft of usuable watering pattern. this kinda concerns me, never using them before, i purposely wetn about 26-28 ft spacing. i also designed them using the 40psi hunter mpr bodies to make sure they ran correctly.

9. txirrigation

from Texas

The highland lakes chain (Lake Travis, Buchanan, LBJ, Inks, etc) has a lot of money, a lot of them are summer homes. There are also parts of Austin with a lot of money.

You will be good at 27' spacing with MP3000's

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

good to know, there was one area i was concerned about as well, so i did an extra 360 in the middle to cover it for sure.