Type of Flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BaxtersEssentialLawnCare, Nov 10, 2011.

1. BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,
    I'm starting to think about spring and flyers I want to do for the new season. I'm thinking of four rounds of 2500 jan-april. My question is I usually do door hangers but this year I'm thinking of either a trifold or just a full page. The price isnt that much more and I was thinking that it would be different than what most do. Plus I have more room to put stuff on there. Has anyone tried this? What type of results did you get? Better or worse than doorhangers? Or just general thoughts?

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I do multiple rounds of postcards throughout the year. I also do a Tri-Fold. The tri-fold is more of an overview of the services we offer and what sets us apart from the others. There is also a section on why insurance is important and how to confirm a contractor has GL, WC etc

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Green Industry Assoc i sent you a PM

4. BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

What is your response rate postcard vs trifold? Same or is one better or worse?

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't get much of a response for my Tri-fold mailing, mostly because that is more broad. The postcards are geared towards a specific service depending on the time of year. What I do with the tri-folds now is we give those to potential clients during the estimate. They may have called us for a fert estimate, but they then fin out we also offer irrigation services etc. The other thing I do with it is I sent one to each client with a letter reminding them of our referral program and asked them to pass the tri-fold off to anyone who they may believe is interested on our services. I did this twice this year and it payed off. I have one client who is in realestate who took a bundle of the tri-folds he hands out to his clients, with all the referrals he gets his fert for free

6. BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

That sounds like a pretty decent idea. I was kind of thing to use trifolds like door hangers. So I would have more room to highlight differnet services.

7. Total Lawn and Sprinkler

Total Lawn and Sprinkler LawnSite Member

I would substitute your standard door hanger for a tri-fold brochure. It holds more information and it's just as easy to hang.

8. BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

I really think I will give it a try. The cost is about the same and why not try something different.