1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Types of seeders?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gregp, Aug 12, 2005.

1. gregp

gregp LawnSite Member
    from North

I am in the market for a method to plant lawn seed. I have researched hydroseeders and am now looking for a power seeder of some type. I know someone out there makes a commercial seeder that i can pull behind my tractor. I am not looking for a broadcast type unit but an actual in soil seeder, for lack of a better description. Thanks
  2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Check this one out, they don't get much better. http://www.jacobsengolf.com/products/ryan_seeders/548_aerator-seeder/
    A slit seeder is the best way to overseed an existing lawn and can be used to start a lawn. If you have a clean and properly prepared seedbed, hydroseeding is the way to go. It makes seeding a one step process after the prep work.

3. rscritch

rscritch LawnSite Member

id recomend going with a hydro-seeder, hands down the best investment my company has made, had the machine paid off with in the first month i had it, I run a turfmaker, no matter what kind you get dont get a jet adjatated one, biggest mastake you could make, hope it helps
  4. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Finn hydroseeders is what we use, Great machines. :cool2:
  5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the woods turf renovater (pto) very nice machine!