Types of Vehicles

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by RLI Electric, Nov 22, 2009.

1. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

Curious, what do you guys drive for work vehicles? I have an 06 Dodge Sprinter 3500. I have been thinking about getting a skin for the truck but jury is still out on that. If you have photos, post em up there. I'll see if I can get mine up there.

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

09 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 with a matching Wells Cargo Trailer for installations. Love the truck. Best I have ever owned or driven, and before you USA loyalists jump on me... It has the highest N. American content of any pickup on the road!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I have gone from a Dodge Sprinter to an 08 Ford 14' box van to now an 09 black 3/4 ton cargo van. As we have grown I am doing more sales calls and less installs so I don't need the big trucks. The crew has the larger vehicles. The goal was to get mine wrapped in December when things slow down, but things are not slowing down, so maybe in January.

4. RLI Electric

Tim are you just landscape lighting or do you provide other services. Box truck is my dream, I used to have a 12' Utilimaster that I just didn't capitalize the space properly. Sprinter is nice for certain things but a box would be ideal. Next one may be Sprinter with a box. I do like the turning radius

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

7. emby

emby LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

09/ Honda Ridgeline and a 10ft by 6.5ft cargo. Love the truck and its hidden trunk.

Ken

8. RLI Electric

Interesting that it seems a lot of contractors doing lighting like the pickups. How do you carry stock? What kind of stock do you carry?

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

We do all installations out of the utility trailer that is setup like a mobile shop, leaving the truck box free to carry a service kit. Being able to leave the trailer on site is a huge bonus.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I like the service van I have now (just needs a ladder rack). I can carry quite a bit of stock and most everything I need for basic install and service. My other guys carry the bulk of the installation equipment in their trucks.

Bobbyho- We just do lighting. We are rolling out our interior side this spring. Right now, I am in the middle of designing the lighting for a board room for a multi national company that is having a theme based board room constructed. Something on par with a disneyland attraction. Using some ELP (electroluminescent panels) and fiber optic lighting with DMX control and sync. Definitely a one of a kind project.