typical jersey girl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 24, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

a funny thing happened to me this morning. we've been getting a big response from our paper add, so we are running around like nuts trying to do estimates and keep up. well, i gave this lady a quote 2 and a half weeks ago, and kinda didn't get to her job yet, and......lost the house number. had the street name, but not the house number. so, i call her, "hi, mrs. so n so, bob here, from xyz landscaping, we are on our way over to clean your leaves. only one problem, i have the street name, but seemed to have lost the house number." so, she says, " o, bob, that guy who was here like 18 days ago, and said he would get to me real soon? i dont think 18 days is real soon bob. so let me see if i have this right, u know my street name, but not my house number?" i say, "well, that's right mam." she says, " well, ill tell you what, since u know the street name, just do every house on the block! and when you get to mine, i'll pay you. CLICK! i just had to laugh.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Have you worked your way to her house yet? LMAO

3. WildSide

WildSide LawnSite Member

haha typical jersey girl for sure.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

At least she said she would pay.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

save the # and in about 8 weeks or so when your bored and drinking coors light call her and say who you are, then tell her, see how bad i need money from people like you, or something to that effect. Yes it may not be professional, but it will make you feel good, and will be a great thread for us to read when its slow.

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

So, did you start knocking??:laugh:

7. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Do them all and when you get to hers charge her for all of them. She said she would pay for it and she told you what to do .....Right. LOL :cool2:

8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

leadarrows has a good idea...

9. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

take the phone # and look in your phone book where they are listen in numeric order and find her address, or call the NON-EMERGENCY 911 number and give them the # and see if they can give you an address

10. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

Reverse phone directories work like a charm. Time to go to Staples for an organizational seminar.