1. 360 Lawn Service

360 Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Can I get some reviews and input on TZone. I am looking for a new post emergent to mix with Tenacity. I need a quick knockdown because Tenacity takes a long time to see results and my costumers get ants in their pants
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JoJo1990

JoJo1990 LawnSite Member

You didn't say what you're trying to get control of. That's quite important. If you are spraying Tenacity on clover, plantain and dandelion, you are wasting your money. If you are spraying Tenacity on crabgrass or annual bluegrass, why mix in Tzone?

If speed is a priority, try something with Carfentrazone (Speedzone etc) I do like Tzone for ground ivy and wild violet. Triclopyr works excellent on them.

3. 360 Lawn Service

Using Tenacity as pre and to control Poa. This is the first season we have use Tenacity. We are mixing Tenacity with a 3-way. Only reason using the 3-way is to give visual gratification. I will look into Speed Zone, thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 360 Lawn Service

I do like Tenacity having the option to spray on new seed. This is why we started using Tenacity, but found there is slow knockdown time frame
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I use TZone in my backpack for hard to kills esp white clover, ground ivy, violets, etc. Bad infestations of the hardest-to-kills require two apps but TZone will get em. Works very fast on dandelions and easy broadleafs. Expensive.

OP for another option, mix in Turflon Ester to your mix if all you are after is hard to kills.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I have been testing 6 different herbicides this week. T-Zone is doing fine, not a whole lot different than the other products on dandelions, only fair on violets. More ester might be a help, like Surge.

However--I suggest--Quicksilver for fast action, (carfentrazone). T-Zone only contains a small percent of carfentrazone, likewise Speedzone. But Quicksilver turns young susceptible weeds like purslane black in 4 to 6 hours, (affects mainly young leaves). (Attacks the new young leaves near the center of dandelions). Costly, but you only need a few ounces per acre. Octane is similar and costs less.

7. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Surge is an amine. Check out 4-Speed XT, 4-Speed and 3-way Ester II. much less than T-zone.

The main herbicides I use are Momentum, a little 3-way, 3-way Ester II, all spiked with Octane, or Solitare for hard-to-controls.

8. LAWN ESCAPE

LAWN ESCAPE LawnSite Member

I think the reason T-Zone costs more the other products, because it applies nearly twice the amount of triclopyr active ingredient/acre.
    T-Zone applies 0.25 lbs/acre of triclopyr (4 pts/acre)
    4-Speed XT applies 0..143 lbs/acre of triclopyr (4 pts/acre)
    Momentum FX applies 0.135 lbs/acre of triclopyr (4 pts/acre)

My T-Zone costs a little over $2.80/gallon ($1.40/acre or $0.032/1,000) more the SpeedZone and worth it for tough weeds like ground ivy and oxalis. See my pictures from last year.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4092198#post4092198