[u]Another[/u] Chinese Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

very familiar....
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats heavy duty alright!!! lol
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Isn't that a clone of the Sutech Stealth???
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah. As though the Sutech wasn't bad enough now there's a questionable copy of it.

Don't get me wrong, the Sutech is probably fine for a homeowner with 1/4 acre or so to cut but in the real world of commercial mowing it doesn't stand a chance.
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know much about this brand of mower but the Redhawks I have seen look like solid mowers. I'm not sure if I would run Redhawks as a first line mower but for a backup or for someone who is just starting out I think they would make a great mower. If you have never seen a Redhawk in person take a look, they are built very well for the price and I think they would hold up fairly well doing commercial mowing on light duty. I run Toro all the way and shift old equipment to backup when I buy new but for the money I've been thinking about buying one just to see for myself how they do mowing commercial. I would like to hear anyones experience with Redhawk mowers so if you have one and use it for commercial let me know.
  7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

B&M here in memphis just bought a redhawk about 2 weeks ago. he can probably tell more about them.
  8. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 36 redhawk and a catcher form them. To answers your questions:
    1. yes it's made in china
    2. it has a koholer 15 and a peerless transmission
    3.dealer support is not an issue (purchased from the best and largest dealer in my area as i am sure mike will agree with. They carry walker, scag, toro, and snapper)
    4. Any other question just ask!!!

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like it im looking at getting a 48" hydro left over for 2,800 4 hours on it from demoing it. Looking at it for another back up unit.
  10. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

I own a red hawk 48 hydro and it is the same as my exmark i love it and the red hawk has a 18 kohler on it