U N Number ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, Feb 1, 2002.

1. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Hey anybody know what I am talking about ??? From what I heard you need to have this on your truck or trailer if carrying more than 13 or 15 gallons of fuel at a time ? I tried searching and found nothing and tried the net and nothing there except the United Nations, Dont think thats what I'm looking for..

My question is .. How and where do I get this # from , does it cost anything, whats' involved , etc, etc, etc, Thanks

2. State regulations for carrying a hazardous material.

Different states different regulation.

I am going to assume it's a DOT number, may be wrong, but I know I'm close.

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

4. SCAPEASAURUSREX

Thanks Alan,
    But I think that' s for the UK .. ?? And I dont see anything about fuel or gasoline, Unless i missed it ?? But Warheads and grenades Interesting stuff......

5. SCAPEASAURUSREX

I did find some other sites on a search on yahoo.. and seems it is United Nations ? hazardous classifications , but I cant seem to find anything pertaining to Gasoline or fuel or anything about the 13 or 15 gallon thing I mentioned earlier.. Anybody know anything about this ???? Thanks..

6. LoneStarLawn

I believe that is what a UN number is. For transportation of hazardous material between countries. (I just thought you wanted to know what UN numbers were.)

I haven't seen any UN number for DOT regulations...
    http://www.fuel-tanks.com/dotregs.htm

7. SCAPEASAURUSREX

8. LoneStarLawn

I can't find UN numbers there...what are they for us? I just see ID numbers...Sorry I wasn't more helpful...:( (I tried :) )

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Call the state sheriff's office, they should know what numbers you need and are required to have on your vehicle. Hopefully they do, otherwise they could point you in the right direction.

10. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

I am also from N. Jersey, and have a truck with a 50 gallon transfer tank... and never heard of any permits etc. that are need.