1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

U.S.A. Walker parts supplier required

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tomo, Sep 17, 2006.

1. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, Urgently require walker parts source 4 early pto box model mt [gas] 1996 year,either complete or both case halves. Not available in OZ !!!
    Maker is "american gearbox company" stockton , missouri

p/n 191acf 016 1
    thanks tomo
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

J.Thomas is a large mower parts mailorder company here, that has a lot of Walker parts. I have purchased Walker gearboxes from them in the past. do a search on google and you can find their website address.
  4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

5. lucforce

lucforce LawnSite Member

Keep in mind that the "early" Gearbox he is referring to is a reverse rotaion from the one crrently in use in Walker mowers. Previously the engine was facing the other direction and the pto was not driven off the flywheel end. Blt in a new one and the bades and blower spin backwards!:hammerhead:
  6. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

The gearbox shell is sold by walker. Check your dealer/distributor. I have one left over after a trade-in unit was scrapped.

I'll have the # in an hour when I get in the office.
  7. tomo

hello, explanation of pto box
    3 shaft box ,input shaft
    output shaft 1 end drives deck other end drives blower belt.

2 shaft box is 4 the non ghs units [delete shaft tip 4 blower pulley]

variation to this is the reverse rotation box [this is 4 the diesel ]
    available in 2 or 3 shaft

In approx 2000 the input shaft changed design to accomodate the larger bearings. Configuration of shafts is the same as above but only the output shaft is common with the older design.

Hair line cracks are in my housing mainly around bolt lugs. The lugs r very thin walled . Never happened b4 [ over hauled 5 years ago ok spline was shot] Currently minor leak at input shaft seal surface
    Yes it was tension to spec
  8. tomo

Hello, walker part no,s are SG-005 bottom half , SG-004 top half or complete box [old style ] 8050. Spoke to walker factory ,although i donot like my chances , they r attemting to locate parts .
    Spoke to "american g/box Co" have not supplied this box to walker for some time ."American g/box" only supplies to walker [part under license] on an as ordered basis, therefore they have nill stock..