1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

U. S. LAWNS any in your area

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mezammit, Jan 21, 2011.

1. mezammit

mezammit LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    Last year in my city I noticed US Lawns cutting a lot of the city parks and residential boulevards. I know this is a franchise company. Last year I talked to the people in charge of the city lawn care and he said nothing is contracted the parks and rec department perform all the lawn care. I know that is not true just seeing the US lawn guys. Any of you guys have this company in your area? They just do the large area mowing with very little professionalism at least this crew here not trying to bash anyone that may have a US Lawn franchise.
  2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

They are not here in my area. They do call me a couple times of year trying to get me to franchise tho.
  3. John deer Z

John deer Z LawnSite Senior Member

They are here in knoxville Tn. but just see the trucks around town.
  4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. I see this Poindexter's truck driving all over the place. I don't see them actually do anything but I do see them around.

6. mezammit

mezammit LawnSite Member

No really interested in joining it but how does it work. Just like any other franchise. You work for them and they get a percentage of the profit. I wonder who performs all the leg work as far as getting contracts too? Anyone know?
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Residential boulevards are called HOA's.

USLAWNS is one of the top 20 lawn companies in America. They go national and are huge... They just franchise there name out to business owners and give them jobs. The business owners have to furnish all there own equipment, labor and insurance, but also have to plaster there truck in USLAWNS wraps.

USLAWNS gets all there own work. The franchise owner does not worry about landing any contracts...just keeping them going good.

NOT FOR ME....I respect them...I just hate it...There like a property management company under the name USLAWNS, that subs out the work to companies that drive around trucks that have USLAWNS all over there rig...ridiculous.. but a great idea.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  8. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

you do, you buy all the equip, they give some forms, you get a sales call list from them- a stupid deal.
  9. mezammit

mezammit LawnSite Member

I should rephrase my residential boulevard statement they would be the city boulevards not residential. My wrong. Yeah there is one franchise US in my area and in seems every year I see him cutting more of the cities properties. I wanted to get in last year but was miss led by a city official. How early do you guys start approaching city contracts and businesses in your area?
  10. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

cold call em and ask if and when they would be accepting bids.