U.S. Lawns Franchise

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by jake65, Nov 11, 2006.

1. jake65

jake65 LawnSite Member

I received some mail the other day from U.S. Lawns. Has anybody looked into this franchise? If so, what were your thoughts? I went to thier site. Not sure what was offered in a $29,000 investment. Seems kind of steep for an investment. Not even sure if that includes euipment.

Any thoughts?

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

that fee basically covers locking in your area that you will be working so that no one else can work the same area that is a us lawn owner. call center sales leads, and other misc items for running it (equipment discounts, $ off cell, ect)
  3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

you get more than that.

you get the systems, and the name. The systems are the most important thing...
    they are equivalent to MANY years of learning the hard way.
  4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

thats all i could think of at the time :drinkup:
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

If you search back there have many threads on this company. Its a franchise. A part of Valley Crest Companies. Theoretically its based on economies of scale to gain purchasing power thus making wider profit margins. Can the previous poster explain the "systems" part in more detail? I'm sure there are several more people that will ask about this in the future so it would be nice for them to have as much info as they can get to base their decision on.
  6. jake65

jake65 LawnSite Member

Anyone else have any input on U.S. Lawns as a franchise or thier thouhgts as an option to go this route -vs- thier own.

thank you

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I thought about it several years ago. I could not see paying someone over $20,000.00 for stationery, business cards, and truck signs. As to the marketing and sales leads. I didn't need their help, I was doing just fine myself. Had all the work I wanted. Systems? what the heck is that? If, after a few years in business, you have not figured out how to be effecient in your business, you need to go find something else to do.
    Just my opinion.