1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

U.S. Lawns franchise

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mmacsek, Mar 22, 2004.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know of this place? I have a customer that hired them to do a paver walkway and some grading. I take care of the lawn and applications. I knew they were going to hire someone for this but this is the first time I seen their trucks in the area. I don't do hardscape because of lack of time. We do landscape maintenance. Any FIRST hand dealings? Thanks Matt
  2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

yeah there getting big
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

They are a franchise you can buy. It may be an ok deal if you have money to blow, and time to wait to get your moneys worth.
  4. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

There is a branch in the Gainesville, Ocala, FL area also
  5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Never heard of them here yet...
  6. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, they are a franchise, something some of you guys may want to look into, you will definately get your money out of it. The thing is, they are commercial maintenance only, I am really surprised that they were doing the work you told us about,,,,the trick in buying into a franchise is to fololow the model they give you, otherwise you are wasting your money,,,sounds like these guys arent following the model.
  7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

The idea of being my own boss is just that to be my own boss. You buy into this idea and your kicking a % every month up to Tony its not much different then that. I see their advertisements all the time in the monthly lawn magazines. There’s barely enough left over each month for me and my partner the idea of sending a chunk of that to some overseers is to painful to think about. If I see some of those trucks I will find myself feeling sorry for the guys. If they are like many franchises they probably even have provisions to take your business from you of you do not act the way they expect you too. Iv seen enough franchises in other lines of work and they are not pleasant. The guy at the local Exxon when I have cut the lawn was telling me he has to send 9 k a month to them as the franchise fee that’s a lot of month to pay to have that name on your place. I would be curious what the regulations are with this US Lawns but one thing is certain the contracts will favor them not you.
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Maybe they used to be commercial maintanence but not any more.
    Just saw one of their trucks the other day................Yep we did it, we put a flier right there,along with all the neighbors. Ain't we just mean?
  9. ej Landscaping

ej Landscaping LawnSite Member

they are rolling out here, nice trucks/equipment.
  10. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

the company is owned by Valleycrest, one of the largest landscape companies in the nation. Both Valleycrest and US Lawns have websites if you're looking for more info.