U.S. Lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagguy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anybody done any work for this company? Do they pay on time etc.? I've been contacted by them to handle several commercial properties and would like some info from people who are working with them at present or have dealt with them in the past.

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

USA Lawns is a franchise, so this is not an answerable question.

3. Scagguy

The question was about U S Lawns, not USA lawns.

4. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

From www.uslawns.com

"Recently included among Entrepreneur Magazines listing of "Best Franchise Opportunities", U.S. Lawns is America’s fastest growing and most dynamic landscape Franchise Company."

If anyone has worked with the one in Austin that may help.

5. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think you would have any problem with them, even though they are a franchise, I have been to their home office before, thinking about being part of their team but just didn't feel it was the time to make the jump, if the local US Lawns didn't pay you than you can take it up with the corporate office. Go for it.

6. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I don't remember the exact number, but I believe they made several billion last year. They shouldn't have any trouble paying you.

7. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Scagguy,
    I am curently a sub-contractor for U.S. Lawns. I have been with them since April of this year and have been very pleased. They manage several national accounts like Bank Of America and Nations Bank. I maintain 2 Bank Of America properties for them. They will most likely want you to provide a full service (mowing, irrigation, tree trimming, mulch ect) They will provide a VERY specific scope of services to you and ironclad contract however they pay well to do this. You will have to provide a yearly bid to provide those services. They will then take that bid a divide it by 12 and you will get a check for that amount each month. I just sent in the invoice for November last week and will recieve my check for November's maintainance by the end of November. This works very well once you get on a regular rotation. The only down side to this company is that there can sometimes be a lengthy approval process for work other than that in the scope of services. howevver all of my proposals for exta work have been approved. My yearly contract is good for $8100 which gives me $675 a month year around. It has worked great for me so far. The company is great and always works out any minor problems pretty quickly. If you have any other questions i'll try to help.
    Matt

8. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

Do you get to have your own clients when you work for them?

9. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they only account for 2 of my 65 accounts......they only subcontract me because this area has not been purchased by a franchisee. They sell franchises in large cities but they cost a fortune. So I feel like they way I am involved with them is the best way.

10. Scagguy

I want to thank everyone that replied. We picked up a few accounts from them, so we'll see how it goes from here.