U1R Battery

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freedm2, Sep 12, 2008.

1. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have a Everride Hornet with a U1R 245CCA battery. It's dead and I need to replace it. I can't find a U1R (right pos terminal) with square bolt terminal holes. I can find please of U1 or U1L (left pos terminal).

The everride uses a bungy that goes over the battery to secure it. Most of the U1 series batteries have removable vent covers that will sit under the bungy. They won't hold up to that pressure.

Where do you guys get batteries? I tried Pep, Sears, WalMart, HD and Lowes. Lowes has the closest thing, flush top, square mounting terminals, but it's a U1L. I thinking of just mounting the bat 180 degrees.

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

You can reverse the battery and its fine as long as the cables are long enough. I got away from the Wal mart batteries as I had to replece them every year for some reason I switched to Interstate batteries and they have been good for at least 3 seasons left on the machines all year even in winter

3. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

no dealer support ??? is there a tractor suppy co.near you

4. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

TSC has the U1R battries; however, they are the vented cap type.

I'll need to buy new terminal bolts if if I go with the round hole terminal. Do I need anything special or is Zinc plated enough?

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Have you thought of turning the battery around :p

6. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Yes. But the bungee will press against the terminals a little bit. I guess that's what I'll have to do...

7. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Put a couple of strips of wood thick enough to be above battery cap tops then put your bungeee across them. No pressure on caps.!!

8. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Any shop serviced by Interstate has them or can get them - about $45.00.

9. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I finally found one that worked. It's a 300 CCA. Flush top, square terminal holes. I got it at Advance Auto Parts for $30 with core. Pretty good. 3 month replacement warranty, 12 month warranty.

It's a left-hand terminal but I was able to mount it 180 degrees.

Thanks for everyone to responsed.

10. Catshreds

Catshreds LawnSite Member

Curious, You just got your Hornet didn't you? Any particular reason you need a new battery already?