Udor Kappa 15/12 Pump Leaking... Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by designerlawns, May 3, 2011.

1. replenish&subdue

replenish&subdue LawnSite Senior Member

I believe you use brake fluid to clean pumps.
    I had trouble with my Udor 55 oil mixing with the chemical. Did everything I was told to do.Replaced diaphrams,o rings...ect.twice. Bought new pump and have same problem. Udor said they would work with me but can not get a response. I will need to bug them some more.
    Anyone have my problem?

2. SmartLawnCare

SmartLawnCare LawnSite Member

@replenish&subdue: Brake 'fluid' or brake cleaner? Some sites say paint thinner or carb cleaner. Nothing caustic like Purple Power, it turns the surface black and smears. I used carb cleaner and it worked the best.

3. SmartLawnCare

SmartLawnCare LawnSite Member

Cleaning the pump body with carburetor cleaner spray so that no oil remained on the surface helped us spot a leak. Noticed the flange connecting the pump head to the motor was not tight against the pump head (where the gasket part # 9100) goes. The metal surface on the head was worn. It looks as if the head was vibrating and wore the top and bottom of the site, imagine a shallow rocking chair rail. Probably the last person to reassemble the pump did not properly tighten the 4 bolts that connect the flange to the head. We have 3 identical pumps, one was so worn that a fingernail could fit between the flange and head at the top near the oil input. As a last resort, we are have applied RTV gasket sealer on both sides of a new gasket. So far, no leaking, but we haven't used the motor yet.
    http://www.udorusa.com/breakdowns/KAPPA_7_15_18_12volt.pdf

4. replenish&subdue

replenish&subdue LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry,brake cleaner.