Uflexx??????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kirk anderson, Feb 14, 2008.

1. kirk anderson

kirk anderson LawnSite Member

Anyone tried this UFLEXX as a liquid application???

Kirk

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Kirt
    i have never used this product sorry i can help.But may i ask how much of this fert you have to apply per acre and what it cost per gal. I did a search but all i found was a dry product. we use a slow release liquid and like to compare
    thanks a bunch
    Charles Cue

3. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

I used Uflexx last season as my N source for the liquid portion of my program with good results. Used UMaxx in the past but the cost (like every other fert.) has gotten out of control so I opted for Uflexx and have seen very similar results. It is 100% soluble and "melts" into the tank through the strainer readily. Some batches I've received have a few pieces of grit and trash that you can prevent from getting in your tank (and ultimately through your spray nozzles) by simply placing panty-hose over the strainer as you add water over the top. You might look a little strange buying "Big Girl" panty-hose at the local Walgreen's but it saves a ton of time cleaning out strainers and wear/tear on pump diaphragms.

4. kirk anderson

were you successful enough with uflexx last year that you will use it again??
    Did you use liquid iron or soluable?

At what rate do you use?/ we currently put down 3.8 pnds of N per year...
    We do this in four apps.. I am in the fertilie soils of eastern nebraska.. Been in the game for ten years but trying to get away from liquid fert due to cost..

Kirk
    email
    firekiller968@hotmail.com

5. Four Alarm Lawns

Four Alarm Lawns LawnSite Member

How about Hydrexx? Anyone who has used Uflexx have any experience using the Hydrexx??

6. kirk anderson

did you read the one guys reply..
    bottom line is kugler uses something like this.. company has been in biz for 20 years....
    so it works..
    i have a call in to my college roommate who works for anderson fertillizer and he sells uflexx products also..
    he has been in the industry for 15 years..

7. magland

magland LawnSite Member

Whatever you guys decide, just make sure to buy it at Nebraska Turf.

8. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

My N rates vary according to season and weather patterns from .5 to 1.0 lb/1000. I've seen some people try to use as little as .25 lb/1000 but I have serious doubts as to it efficacy. I use chelated liquid iron sources such as "Six Iron" with good results. Color longevity appears to be good but I think that is due to the Uflexx.

9. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

My liquid program is based on 1/2 lb. Uflexx and 1/4 lb. urea with good results. Sometimes we use 3/4 lb. Uflexx. This is on small properties and islands, etc. where we can't get the ride-ons. I am hoping to try some UMaxx on some hard to spray properties this year to see if we can reduce the number of apps. I'll keep you informed.