1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Grass Cake, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

I've been studying the Principles of Turf Management course from UGA. I'm about to take the first exam and i'm a little nervous.
    Are the sample test questions similar to the actual exams?
    I can't imagine retaining "all" the information contained in each chapter.(i'm a pretty average student and have a fairly poor memory).
    Can anyone chime in(that has taken the course) to boast my confidence?

Grass Cake
  2. Greg313

Greg313 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Good Luck! Let me know how it is I'm interested in taking it also.
  3. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I am currently studying for the same course. I am on chapter 4. How long have you been studying for the first test?

Good Luck
  4. Grass Cake

from Zone C

My breath smell or something?

Surely someone has taken the CTP test recently.
  5. Grass Cake

from Zone C

I've had the course for about 3 months.....it was tough to find study time in the summer.

Hope you do well on your 1st exam!

(maybe i'll let you be the guinea pig) :)
  6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Are you talking about the book "ornamental and turfgrass pest management"? I just finished with chapter 5 last night(diseases of turfgrass) and thought to myself "there is no way in h-ll Im going to remember all of this info". To me all the dang diseases look the same, bread dead grass:D Im hoping a lot of the test questions are from the little exams at the back of each chapter. What Im going to do is the day before the exam go back threw the book and re read and refresh my memory hopefully long enough to pass the test.
  7. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Did you pass?

I took the Hort program at North Metro Tech. It is a very good program and the instructors are excellent!