Ugly 1998 Chevy Dump Truck 3500

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by WPLC, Apr 5, 2013.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

Haven't posted man pics, but i'll see if this one will work

our cab was rusted out before, so we had a junk yard replace the cab, paint the entire truck white with industrial paint, replace our seat on the inside, and replace the original mirrors with the black tow mirrors

they kind of did a sloppy paint job, didn't cover our brand new tail lights, didn't get the chains fully painted, didn't paint the inside of our cab protector, etc...but it was old and rusty looking before...it's a 5.9 cummins, 1998 24V

we have since cleaned all the rust off of the tool box...this is also our salt truck in the winter, so it's hard to keep it from rusting

New Earth - Dump.jpg

2. WPLC

WPLC LawnSite Member
    from USA

It looks awesome, but I think if I painted mine all white and put white boards on it, it wouldn't look to good. Your box is all metal so I think that's why the white looks so good. Where did you get those signs made? I'm thinking of getting some for my dump truck, to make it look a little more professional. And one more thing: Did you have the big chrome mirrors on there before or were there always black plastic mirrors?

3. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

our signs are what i'm working on next...these are old looking anymore, but still better than nothing...we will have my business partners step dad make our next signs, he works at a sign business...i still think yours would look good all white, but that's just my opinion...black won't look bad or anything, it just won't pop as much as white...a lot of potential in that truck man

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I'd paint the bed dark green if it were me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Paint the frame black and paint the bed and install wood sides, you will be looking good. I know I did it to a 1994.

IMG00359-20100608-2015.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

I would paint the bed, do low steel sides, then add wood sides.

Do underbed tool boxes and mud flaps.

7. DreamtheGreen

DreamtheGreen LawnSite Member

I have a 94' 3500hd stake body with the 6.5 diesel. OMG, it will pull or push anything. Whate front end, black bed with frame and all painted... Sharp.. These trucks are amazing!!

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Paint your bed black, new tow mirrors, undercoat it. Simulators and maybe the newer style grille and headlights.

9. WPLC

WPLC LawnSite Member
    from USA

The problem with tow mirrors is that the mirrors are attached with 6 screws which means there would be 6 holes in my door.

10. WPLC

WPLC LawnSite Member
    from USA

Hey, you got a pic?