UH OH..hurt ankle and Im solo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eho, May 24, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Well this afternoon I was playing a pickup game of basketball with some friends when I twisted my ankle. Right away, I could tell it was more than just a minor twist. Right now its really, really swollen and I cant walk on it at all. Hopefully I ll make a speedy recovery and be ready to mow by thursday but I honestly dont know if that will happen. I didnt think it was too bad until I showed my mom and she suggested I get it x rayed. I really hope I can get over this fast so I can work. I had a similar sprain when I was playing football in High School and was out at least a week. Guess I need to call my customers and give my friends a chance to mow for me and make some extra money. I really hope it is just a minor sprain but it could be much worse. Hopefully I lll be able to mow soon
    EHO

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I kept on working on a sprained ankle, sprained knee, sprained arm lol. You can too. When the going gets tough the tough get going as they say. I thought you had broke something...

3. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Believe me...if it aint broken... I ll be working on it within two days. The thing is, my mom is trying to get an x ray for tomorrow. If its more than a sprain...i m screwed
    EHO

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Keep this in mind next time--never tell Ma anything about your health

5. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

I did same thing last year ......... stepped in a hole and twisted it bad , very bad came home wrapped it tight with a support bandage and put high top work boots on and tighten them up bigtime and went back to work. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and work, Let me give you some advice DONT PLAY SPORTS in mowing season if you are solo ,if you get hurt you are screwed so thats why i dont pick up a balll in summer and ride my dirt bike anymore .

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I worked for 6 months with 4 fractures and 2 pulled ligiments in my foot :D then last spring it got too painful and I finally went to the doctor. They didn't know how I could even walk haha.

Hope you get better soon!

7. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Well when I woke up today I couldnt really walk on it too well, but I forced myself to walk on it. I hired my friend to help me for the day and I was able to limp around and weedeat and edge while he mowed. It was a little painful and is still very swollen, but I think I ll be able to mow all mine tomorrow alone. No pain, no gain I guess...good thing it wasnt serious
    EHO

8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Did you go get an x-ray of the ankle? Just curious.

9. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Must suck not doing anything all summer huh ??
    But this comes at least once a week about being solo and what if i get hurt well why don't you always have a back up plan . That is something every one should have solo or not . What do you do it you get hurt while working ? not work in the mowing season ????????????????????????

10. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Tore my left bicep two weeks ago lifting up a tree on a landscape job, its halfway up my arm!!!! and turned blacker than black afterwards ....hurts like hell but didn't miss a days work, I'll get it fixed hopefully in November.