1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Uh oh, I've gotta be dreaming...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grassmanvt, Oct 23, 2005.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm not done with mowing yet, let alone clean-ups and other miscellaneous work but this morning I wake up, look out the window, then take a second and third look before being convinced that I wasn't still asleep. Take a look at the pictures to see what I'm talking about.

tractor and attachments and scenery 035.jpg

tractor and attachments and scenery 036.jpg

tractor and attachments and scenery 037.jpg

tractor and attachments and scenery 038.jpg
  2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Not very good grassmanvt. I hope your almost done with your work. That would be a weird thing to wake up to and very unexpected. I have a feeling that this is short lived weather rainy and snowy for you. I think its gona warm back up end of this week into next week. How many more weeks of work you figure you got left? Best of luck with snow this early in the season. Guess it can only mean one thing get your plows ready.
  3. grassmanvt

Luckily I've only got 3 or 4 days of mowing left, some cleanups, and a few rough landscape jobs. Then, I've got to get the plows/trucks ready, sand and salt stockpiled, mowers cleaned, etc. It'll be nip and tuck but I should be able to get most everything done. Two weeks of sun and 60's would be nice but it looks like more rain and 40's for us this week.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Son, that is white gold you woke up to. I know it's a bit early even up there in Vermont, but don't curse it for sure LOL...
  5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Normally I like snow, but that is not a pretty sight when your clean-ups are not done.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I see you have some yellow color diesel equipment while some lawncare stuff looks a bit out of place lol.
    It COULD suk a bit but the snow should 'freeze' the grass and stunt its growth shortly thou you might stay prepared for one last run with the mowers, I'd say in another month it's all over but for the snow plows, crews, and related equipment...
    LOL there's MANY times I look out the window and the reason I have to look three times is because the snow that SHOULD've fallen, DIDN'T!!! (and I slept in figuring it would, lol).
  7. grassmanvt

Yeah, normally when I see the stuff, I hear little cash register bells in my head but, with the plows unhooked and not quite ready, the ground unfrozen, and jobs not done, its a little discouraging. The interesting part is that they never really called for snow around here till last night and even that was supposd to be in the higher elevations only. We are only 1000 feet or so if that. So much forecasts. I haven't heard yet but I'm sure the ski mountains must have got quite a bit. We had three or four inches early on before it started to melt. Still around two inches on the porch. This should give me the kick in the pants I need to get things finished up.
  8. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

what's that white stuff all over the ground?
  9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Wow that is crazy. Is that your zero turn on the trailer? I think I would have had to slap my face to make sure I was awake.

10. grassmanvt

Yup, thats one of em', I'll have to look into getting a set of chains for it, maybe studded ones, and charge for mowing and aeration, hmmm......