1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Uh oh.....

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Aug 17, 2005.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My phone stopped ringing. And we're all caught up with everything. Looks like we'll be doing some work at my house for a little while. Anyone else extremely slow? We do no installs so I kind of shoot myself in the foot with that (tony - I referred another to you yesterday. Dan? something). Off and on rain has supplemented things lately, greening up all the dry spots that creep up due to poor designs and installs. Another 7 weeks or so and we'll be completely slammed again with winterizations. Tomorrow I will call my different contacts and try to drum up some work.

After 12 years it still amazes me how overwhelmed I can be in the spring, and then slow as hell in August and September. But everytime I say it is slow... things pick right back up. I mainly want to keep my employee busy full time and me busy 1/2 time. Here's hoping.
  2. DGI

DGI LawnSite Member
    from SE Mich

The heat this year has created more work, as what was once tolerable in terms of dry spots is now unacceptable. The way that I schedule to keep the leaner times busy is by telling the people who are cheap earlier in the season that they are going to have to wait.
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

And as I said.... 4 service calls from one landscaper and 7 more calls today.

I had ONE call yesterday, and it was and existing customer wanting to get on the list for winterization.