1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Uility, military or state work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawman, Jan 10, 2001.

1. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Does anyone do work for a uility comp., military or a state. If so who did you get the work and was it worth the trouble.
  2. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I just had a bid accepted by a local water company. I haven't begun the work, but so far so good. :)

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I do work for HRS ..... which is State run & payed ....$ is never late ....Bid is high as they required 500K insurance & WC .... but most have that with over 3 employees anyways .... which weeds out the scum ... so good money ...but under stand these jobs come up for bid almost each year .....Patrick Air Force base the guys there get over 7 figures for that one job .... but he has so much equipment he owns a trailer park just to house his workers
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I landed a DHR building this year. I don't know how I got called really , but I did, I bid, I got. Cut it twice so far and been paid for both. I only hope it works into some more contracts with other state properties.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I did some for HUD this past spring. I would never do it again. Slow pay and very low per cut. 20% of buz and 80% headache.