Ultimate Home Made Lawn Striper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJR_63, Jul 1, 2007.

1. MJR_63

MJR_63 LawnSite Member

Thanks! It stripes great! Let me know if you have any questions on the design.

Mark (aka MJR_63)

2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

My sentiments exactly rodfather. No one in my area stripes a lawn and I have never been asked to do so. As long as the grass is cut, driveway edged and blown and trimiing is done everybody is tickled pink.

3. djc347

djc347 LawnSite Member

:clapping: I made one in two hours. Used push lawn mower wheels. Shelf struts, and L braces. Just over a 100.00 bucks. Here are some picts.

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

kcess likes this.
  4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

djc347, do you have any pics of the stripes you made with that?

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

6. Bluegrass Lawn Service

Bluegrass Lawn Service LawnSite Member

hey guys save you money, the best stripper kit is my own, and it's cheap. Just about 4.5 inches of 1/4 inch belting from a gravel yard. about 5 small bolts to the back side of your deck and don't worry about it anymore. Save your money. I've been using these for 11years.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Those work great, I've used them before. The only problem is if you have a yard that you don't want to stripe you don't have a choice. I only stripe a couple of prime yards. The rest of my customers don't care and if all they're willing to do is pay me to cut their grass then that's all they get.

With the Big League Lawns stripers you can fix them up, out of the way when you don't want to use them.

MVC-621S.JPG

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I know this is old, but I read this and showed it to my wife, she about died laughing and wanted more information regarding the cheap 4.5" STRIPPER kit!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We're both still sitting here just laughing!!!

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Aw, c'mon. Nobody else thinks that's funny?

10. Ford850

Ford850 LawnSite Member

Ok, had to read it again. :D
    Those would be some tiny bills to tuck in the g-string of a 4.5" stripper!