Ultimate Home Made Lawn Striper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJR_63, Jul 1, 2007.

1. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

looks just like the big league striper im impressed! congrats!!!

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

This thread is old. I was just pointing out some great typos!!

3. pintodeluxe

pintodeluxe LawnSite Member

Nice Work MJR,

You inspired me to make my own one-off lawn striper for my Kubota Bx2230 tractor. See Bxtractors.info and go to the photo section for more cool pics. It is a modified three-point mount and works with the bagger. The factory hydraulics raise and lower the sand-filled rollers.

-Pintodeluxe

Kubota Striper Mounting Close-up.jpg

Kubota Striper with Bags Installed.jpg

Kubota Striper Lowered Position.jpg

4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

That looks real nice

5. RLC12065

RLC12065 LawnSite Member

lawn care professionals use ride on tractors to mow lawns?
    lawn care professionals do not stripe all of their lawns?
    i'm not here to bash but i'm too busy to be building my own things.
    if you want to be respected and earn a decent living you need to conduct yourselves as ----professionals

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You can't mow in the dark. :hammerhead: There's nothing wrong with saving a few bucks and making something you can be proud of. Everyone's got to have something to do for a hobby. I like to play with metal from time to time myself.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

While I never would, if one has flat lawns - they'll cut just as well as the next mower...

Um... striping is a big deal for US, the guys doing it. But most customers have no concept of what striping is and don't have too much of an opinion on it. Cutting grass to a homeowner means... CUTTING THE GRASS. That being said, it might be different where you're at...

Doesn't exactly sound like something to brag about...

Professionals? So utilizing a talent is unprofessional? DUDE - YOU DO LAWN CARE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. JUST HOW PROFESSIONAL DO YOU THINK THE WORLD PERCEIVES YOU TO BE? :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

8. RLC12065

RLC12065 LawnSite Member

you are as professional as you want to be. i live and work in an upper middle class area. most people care about who they let on their property. they want professional honest people because we usually know when they are away on vacation or what their work schedules are. they dont want to feel like they can't trust the people that work for them. i have played golf and spent off work time at my customers homes because they trust and respect me and what i do. professional lawn maintenance not only helps project a customers pride in their home but also maintains and increases home property values. oh and a ride on tractor does not do an equal job by quality or speed.

9. MustangMan

MustangMan LawnSite Member
    from NE

Nice job on the stripe kit. Hope it works out well for you.

10. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

MJR_63

Ultimate Home Made Lawn Striper

Job well done :usflag:.

I'm sure your more discerning customers will appreciate your efforts.

Good luck, Phil :ukflag: