1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate lawn fluffing machine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Today I am getting my lawn fluffing machine(s) ready for the season. I will post some action pics later around 5pm.
  2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished welding brackets to hold 3 hand blowers pointing down, to mount on the back of the new DC. I can fluff the hell out of a lawn now :D
  3. Here it is:

4. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

I gotta ask. please explain
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Stone, what did you use for the dethatcher unit? I was going to build one for my Walker but I ended up getting the one from Walker instead. 4 hours later with a bit of welding and bolting it is now completely foot operated instead of hand and foot. Lots easier to use now, no reaching ahead to lift it for turning.
    Are you sure your going to have enough traction for that machine, it takes alot to pull an aerator? And the length is starting to add up too, two passes might be in order. What do you plan on doing when the gobbler is full, head back across the lawn to dump? You could always pull a small trailer behind to dump it into..
  6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Now dont even tell me that you guysngals have never seen the JRCO front tine dethatcher before????

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One of the best investments I've ever made. I have a 60" on the front of my Gravely 300, and it's the ULTIMATE thing for rakeovers, especially if there is matted leaves. I can rake and blow an entire 1/2 acre lot in about an hour with this. And THAT is alot of turf to "rake". It also grabs sticks and willow tree mess, not to mention pushes leaves and debris onto tarps.
  8. SummitFarmer

SummitFarmer LawnSite Member

I guess if the Mighty Mr. Stone (hehe) owns a Grass Gobbler and JRCO dethatcher, I have made some pretty good equipment decsions. Haven't got the dethatcher yet but it's one of the next on my list.
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I purchased a 5' JRCO for my Choppers several years ago. I did make a different mount for it though. I have it so it will mount up to the receiver hitch mount for my electric spreader. I now can just put in one pin and off I go, much easier than putting that bracket on the mower and then hooking up all those other pins.

The rake works good and it is a must this season the way the grass got matted down from all the snow we got in December. It's a fluffer for sure. :)
  10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We have the opportunity to bid a high end Industrial account. I do not wish to spend up to $15k dollars for a dedicated sweeper/vac.

All kidding aside about the fluffing, I have a serious question.

I was wondering if this unit would be beneficial in the raking up of cigarette butts so that I could vacuum them up with the mowers???

Thanks for any assistance.