Ultimate leave blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

This a "Selbro" blower attachment. It is made for many machines like Exmark and Bobcat. It was well under $1,500 when I bought it last year. When coupled to a Hydro WB it makes and unbeatable combo. I was just at my dealer and saw the Billygoat self propelled giant blower. I was shocked to see it has a trans. like a belt drive WB mower. IOW, you have to shift it. It's also almost $3,000. Anyway, on my Hustler and it's H bar, this combo makes leave blowing so easy it's a crime.
    Enjoy,
    Pete

blower.jpg

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How long to do everything Pete?

3. Doc Pete

Sorry Ron, I don't understand what you mean?? Do you mean I can't leave anything stock? Yes!!!!:D

4. rodfather

And for like $140 Pete, I can attach a JRCO Power Buggy unit and in no time hook up my Little Wonder 10 horse leaf blower to one of my Z's. How much more powerful is that Selbro than my leaf blower?

5. rodfather

How long does it take you to take off the mower deck and attach the blower unit is what I mean?

6. rodfather

BTW, that self-propelled Billy Goat leaf blower has been around 3 grand now for a whole bunch of years. I'd be surprised if they sold many of them at that price since I can get 4 of the normal type for the price of one self-propelled.

Doesn't make cents in my book for sure...

7. Doc Pete

Well, since I don't have a rider!!!:D
    The selbro with the 23 hp has about the air "volume" as a 14hp Fradan, and with a "fair amount" more velocity (hole punching ability). The maneuverability is what I rave at. One thing that my dealer and I talked about is the Hustler/Selbro combo lets you "shake the blower" back and forth, exactly like you are holding it, which is what guy's want in a push style blower. Also, the instant forward/reverse (other hydro WB's, too) is just unrivaled by any other combo.
    Pete

8. Doc Pete

It's about a 20 minute job, once you learn the how to's. You need to put a jack under the rear of the WB, remove the 6 bolts holding the deck, pull the deck forward out of the way, and then line up the blower and bolt it on. The blower is balanced very well, so you can stabilize it with one hand.

9. rodfather

Nice concept...

...but I don't want to use a 6K WB as part of a pseudo leaf blower. Think I'll stick to the old way. And I know my 23 kawi on my WB's is gonna eat up alot more fuel per hour than my 8 and 10 hp Little Wonders leabf blowers.

10. Doc Pete

Put it this way, since I'm doing the work,;) not having to walk up and down hills, pushing and pulling is worth it. Also, in my "anal way":p, if you use the WB for mowing at $65/hour or leave blowing at $70/$85 per hour, what's the difference???? Actually, it's easier and more productive doing leaves, than mowing. Remember, if you put the caddy/ buggy on the rider, now you've got a lot more motors running, more possible flat tires to get, more stuff for the worker to ruin or back into with the rider:p.