1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ultra vac and blowout

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Premo Services, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Blow out Baffle PROBLEM
    I have a lazer hp 52inch with ultra vac

I bought the blow out baffle thinking this was going to be the next best thing to sliced bread. Well guess what, I am still getting blowout from the discharge side with the ultra vac.
    What kind of blades are you guys using with the baffle??????
    I thought they said you can use high lift blades and suck the leaves off the driveway. Well this just is not acceptable.
    Would appreciate any recommendations for this problem, just doesn't seem right, the price of ultra vac, then they say get low lift blades, and no blowout but all the leaves don't get picked up also. Then they say get the blow out baffle, and still blow out.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

There are a few things that can be checked.

First if you've got any belt slippage on the UltraVac belt you are guaranteed to get in increase in blow out. The belt slippage can be caused by the idler not pivoting freely or belt wear. If the belt has stretched to far the arm may be making contact with the idler arm top bolt. How old is the vac/belt on your machine?

After that we would then need to look at the mower to determine if something there could be causing the blow out. I suppose it's possible that belt slippage on the deck idler could cause some degree of blow out. If the deck has a negative pitch or negative rake that could cause the blow out as well.

My suggestion would be to get the unit into your dealer for inspection. Drop me an e-mail at terry.eckert@exmark.com and let me know who your dealer is and I'd be glad to give them a call.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I will check into the deck pitch, that might be an answer.
    I have bought a new belt for the ultra vac and also a new deck belt and am still having blow out, enough to where I have to double cut to get all the leaves.
    Thanks for the quick response. Another reason that makes me glad I have eXmark equiptment in my stable.:D