Ultra Vac and Lazer engine options?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Dec 14, 2000.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i am looking heavily at the all new lazer z 60 inch ztr to buy in the spring. i like their mower because of the new vac system. I know it doesnt come out till spring for the full size lazers, but does anyone know how much money this vac system will cost? i also was wondering if any one had anything to say about engines for the rider. i hear kawasaki engines are better than kohler, but should i go for the 23 hp. kawi or the 25 hp kohler?

2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Rumor is the ultra vac for the Z's will be $2200. From what I've heard I would stay away from the Kohler 25. I have a 19 HP Kaw and 26 Hp EFI Kohler. Have not had problems with either of them.
    Good Luck,
    Ssouth

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 60" EPS Z and the big 13.5 bushel Ultra-Vac. The Ultra-Vac cost me $1600 including the drive kit.I thought it was a pretty good deal. My dealer said he gave me the best price he could, the vac should be here in early spring. I purchased all my equipment at once and only from him, I am starting my business in spring, so maybe that had something to do with the fair price he gave me.

4. Bob's Lawn Care

Bob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey Randy,
    I plan on buying a new 60'Lazer Z with the Ultra Vac this spring. Did your dealer recomend a spicific model or engine size to power the Ulra Vac? I am interested in the 23ph liquid cooled Kawasaki. Too Small? What made you choose the EPS Z?

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob, I assume your name is Bob, my dealer didn't reccomend a particular engine size. Just in talking with him I told him I liked the better seat that comes on the EPS, and the foot pedal that helps lift the deck. He did say that the 26 EFI motor is awesome and the 60" deck is a good all around size deck. This is my first mower(I'm a new business)so I don't have anything to compare it to.Everyone on Lawnsite has good things to say though.My dealer was really good about answering all my questions.Actually,my Z has been sitting in the garage since I got it not to long ago, can't tell you how anxious I am for summer to get here! Sorry reply is so long.