ultra vac - good, bad, or what

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coreyb, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

when it comes to leaves i have the guys blow everything to the street and vac it into our dump. i've looked into an ultra vac with quick dump to make clean ups quicker, but do they do a good job. also, my vac is a tow behind, so i would have to run another truck to haul the mower.

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 3 bag and a 2 bag ulta vac systems. For lazer and a lazer hp. They work great on leaves. I get a lot of blowout with the hp but the lazer with the 3 bag ultra vac system very little blowout. Have used them for three seasons on leaf pickups. Has saved me alot of time.

3. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 3 bagger UV for my 60" lazer. t works real good. It doesnt have a lot of blow out as long as you have it on some grass. If you have leaves that are on pavement or gravel it will still get them up but you will have to chase some of them. If the leaves are more than 4-6" deep you will end up pushing a lot of them around because they wont go under the deck. You can tell when the hopper is full and clogged up when you start to get a lot of blow out. Very good machine.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Have only heard good things about it, except i heard it was expensive.

5. rgjlawn

rgjlawn LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Mulch Mule the way to go.:gunsfirin :gunsfirin

Dec06_010.jpg

6. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

is that a vac and container? don't u still need to get it to the street?

for you other guys, how is the vac on wet leaves?

7. GreenerSideLC

GreenerSideLC LawnSite Member

I got a QDS ultra vac last year for my Lazer. I love it. I dont have a leaf loader so if I need to haul away leaves I ll back up on my trailer and dump it. I also like to run over the lawn once with the dump open. grind up the leaves and then go back and bag them. I notice it'll hold a lot more and less like to clog the tube. Warning you my gain some weight by using this method. haha "Happy holidays!"

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thats a vac and container, vac hooks up to that port in the front of the containment unit. Im pretty sure

9. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

okay, i looked at the mulch mule. 46K for the machine, add another $6500 for the vac set up, $52,500 in all. hey greenerside, how is the qds on wet leaves, or old compacted leaves. happy hollidays. thanks for the posts. also, i am still looking for a 200-300 tank sprayer, lesco type. thanks

10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ultra Vac is an excellent leaf bagger.The three hopper bagger is excellent on 1/4 acre to 3/4 arce lawns.We use the two bagger unit ,on city sized type lawns.

The ultra vac works well for leaves.It does have it's limitations,particularly on larger accounts with heavy amounts of leaves,but for the job we designate it for it does pretty good.