Ultra vac problem

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by LeoS818, May 30, 2003.

1. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

We have an ultra vac on a 72in 27hp lc lazer. The belt on the vac hits the housing and wears a hole through the housing. The housing has been replaced 3 times under warr. Last time they found the hub on the pulley was welded off center a little. Still it is rubbin a hole. Please help me.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Leos818,

The guys in engineering said they had seen this one other time. You want to make sure that the blower housing is mounting square with the mower deck. Make sure it's not pivoting up. If it is pivoting up or bent up simply straighten the mounting pin on the backside and that should eliminate the belt contact.

If everything looks okay send me an e-mail at terry.eckert@exmark.com with your dealer name and I'll have him look at a couple of other things.

Thanks

Terry

3. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

Bending that pin is no good. On the other side of the pin is a bolt head that has to go into a hole. Bending the pin would make the bolt head miss the hole. Any other ideas?

4. eXmark

LeoS818,

The bolt in the front should be adjustable fore and aft. Does the blower mounting plate mount tight and square with a small even gap from top to bottom where it mates to the discharge opening?

Thanks

Terry

5. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

It looks pretty square. I dont think it is in the mounting.

6. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

The mounting isnt the problem. The pulley runs too close to the housing.

7. eXmark

Leo,

Somebody from your dealer should be contacting you soon. We should have a distributor rep in the area that will take a look at your unit.

If he can't see what is causing the wear we'll take the next step. Rest assured we'll figure it out.

Thanks

Terry