Ultra Vac Problems

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Vac system on exmark has a warn hole through the side of the plastic housing. Machine only has 150 hrs.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Where is the hole exactly?

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

are you running the vac year round or just for spring/fall clean ups? do you suck up debris? (sticks, sweetgum balls, etc...)?

4. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

The whole is on the plastic housing where the blower fan rotates, on the flat side of the blower. Only has 150 hours on it and already worn out. I am very disapointed! May never buy an exmark again!

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

A.L.M.,

Can that plastic chute get a hole in 150 hrs of use...absolutely. If you're mowing in a heavy debris area, sandy area, or simply hit something and poke a hole into it...it can happen.

Have you contacted your dealer about this? If not, that's the first thing you need to do. I think you can understand that we cannot make a decision via a forum such as this...it's why we have dealers, to be our eyes and ears. Have him take a look at it, if you're not satisfied with his findings, give us a call and we'll dig into it.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Lenny

6. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

7. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer warrantied my first one. See your dealer and see what happens. You will find that this is just part of the game. I no longer do any bagging. Bought the Lazer Z XS's and now I have enough power to mulch. I dont miss tha bagging at all and the finished cut is just as clean!