Ultra Vac question and report

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr.Ziffel, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

Just had an UltraVac installed on my 60" LC27HP Lazer today and it really worked well. It picked up everything! The question I have is in checking past posts on price, my dealer was right in the ball park on the price he quoted me for this, BUT when he delivered it today, he charged for two separate items, the ultra vac and the drive kit. I'm leaving town til Monday so I'll talk to him then, but it would help if any of you could tell me if this was the same for you. I was expecting to pay $1650 + tax and he added another $415 for the "drive kit". What's the deal?

I've been side discharging with doubles and since our grass grows so fast here and it's always wet, there was starting to be some buildup in the heaviest areas. The Ultra Vac sucked it all up and left it looking great, at the cost however of several huge piles of grass--luckily I have plenty of room to dispose of it and a few steers to feed it to also. The bags filled right to the top of the top cover on the middle and left side bags and to the top of the bag on the right side. Had to really heave to empty them. One time I didn't stop soon enough and had a clog at the blower, but it was easily cleared without having to disconnect anything. All in all two thumbs up [except for the price of course!] Thanks, Will
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds to ME like your salesman might have an extra phonebill or something he needs to pay. I've never heard of such a thing, and I DO know that that price would bring it to about $400 and some dollars over what dealers around here are charging. The "drive" unit IS part of the Ultra-vac! Furthermore, where does he get off trying to charge you that much over your quote? I would tell him he can KEEP it! You'll go down the ROAD and buy one - at the RIGHT price! I don't believe Exmark would take to kindly to this sort of tactic either. Sure it's up to the dealer to charge whatever they want, but I believe if Exmark knew about this, they wouldn't appreciate it. This is NOT the sort of sales representation they are looking for!

[Edited by Runner on 04-18-2001 at 10:21 PM]
  3. mountainviewland

mountainviewland LawnSite Member

I dont know why exmark dos'nt include the drive kit with the vac but it is a seperate item. Most dealers dont realize this when they quote the price. The drive kit is the modified spindle with the extra pulley.
  4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My drive kit was included in the price of my ultra vac. You got the short end of the stick. The only bad things about the vac is the trailer space with it on and taking the belt on and off, it always slips off the pulley on the vac, gets annoying when you have been cutting all day. Plus mine gets clogged in thick wet grass, but I guess that comes with the territory.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mine came with the ultra vac. You should have recieved the spindle kit in the unit. I will send an email to a friend at exmark and ask him. PM me to remind me.