Ultra Vac question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Sweet Tater, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Lazer z 48" with the 2 bag Ultra Vac. Instead of pulling the bags of and emptying them into trash bags, can you put trash bags into the vac bags?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sweet Tater,

My suspicion is that placing trash bags (which can't breath air) into the UV cloth bags (which do breath air) would cause a drastic decrease in bagging performance. This is due mainly to the disruption in vacuum b/c the bagger can't push air through the cloth bags. Our UV bags are designed to breath. This also may create excessive blowout and/or added grass being packed in the deck. However, I've never tried this idea. If you want to give it a shot, go for it. It shouldn't harm any components of your mower or bagger. Hope that helps!

Casey

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i can tell you right now it won't work for all the reasons casey listed... vacuum requires airflow and trash bags just don't allow it. if you need a reason to get really frustrated, try it (ask me how i know it'll frustrate you).

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Lol, Mike I'll take your word for it. Thank you both for your input.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

try custom plastic trash barrells you can vent them at the top with a drill

6. python

python LawnSite Member

Sweet Tater,

I use trash bags in my 52" Lazer Z with 2 bag Ultra Vac and it works ok, but not as good as just the cloth bags. I have to slow down some and it sometimes doesn't vacuum as well as i'd like.